Wednesday, August 1, 2007

No- I am not related to Apu.

So I decided to fully immerse myself in the Simpson's Movie Media Marketing campaign. I thought they did an excellent job creating awareness (hype) for this movie and the results paid off- they grossed well over 30 million THE FIRST DAY.

The marketing strategy teamed the movie with major corporations including 7-11 (who converted several of their stores into the fictional "Kwiki-marts" of the movie) as well as Burger King who have been running ads with Homer Simpson. Additionally, they helped the movie's team of marketers by devoting a part of their (Burger King's) website to house a "Simpsonizer". This little software program allows users to upload pictures of themselves and create a look-a-like charachter as if the Simpson's illustrators made a caricature of the user.

So being a fan, I did it and changed my profile picture with the result. But check out the site Simpsonizeme.com so that if you are a die hard fan, you too can finally make you big break in Springfield.

I also was able to place my character in different scenes found only in Springfield, which I've attached below.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you Shane; The Simpson's folks did a great job of reaching people through a variety of avenues. I have to say that you look most natural in the kitchen...hum...