Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dreamy.


So I've been really Facebook addicted recently. (If you haven't been on Facebook.com you should, and become my friend, so I can be involved in every single detail and event in your everyday life. I know you want it.) Anyways, it has been interesting connecting and feeling somewhat connected with people you know well, know somewhat, and even those you know because your sister-in-law's baby cousin Tracey went to junior high with their baby's daddy.

Last night I was inputting my college name into my Facebook profile and it allows you to search the websites members who also list your alma mater as their own. It even searches them by graduating class. I perused some of the profile pictures, when I stumbled upon an ex's (#1) face.

Now I've heard bits and pieces about their life since college, but it was very tempting to look at their Facebook page and see how they were doing and what they were up to. But alas, I was foiled because their profile was private and didn't allow my cyber stalking.

As I prepared for bed last night, I asked Sylvia (my wife for the new readers) what she thought of the access to old flames via the Internet, and what she would think about me communicating with "Ex"s. She was pretty cool about it- though admitting that at the beginning of our relationship she would have had more of an issue, and she thought that after knowing me for 3 years, she felt that I could be trusted. lol.

Well, I told you that story to tell you this one.

This morning I woke up after having a particularly strange dream. As Sylvia got ready for work, I retold it to her. I guess it was linked to my reminiscing through Facebook, as my dream involved my attendance at my ex-girlfriend #2's wedding. As I looked for a seat, I noticed several people I knew in college, a good friend Jamie and her husband, and even a friend from highschool- Jill.

I told Sylvia that I got to talk to Jamie in my dream. To which she then asked- "So how is Jamie doing?".

I said: "I don't know, it was a dream Sylvia."

Its great to start the day off with a gut hurting laugh.

1 comment:

RC said...

it sounds like sylvia think you might be a medium, with powers far greater than facebook can muster.