Friday, January 5, 2007

What I did for the Holidays...

So I haven't really posted what all I did over the holidays therefore I figured that I would give you all a little update on what Shane Did For Christmas & New Years.

Christmas: Now as you may know, my wife has a rather random schedule that oftentimes results in different schedules on different days. For Christmas, Sylvia had to work Christmas Eve morning and Christmas Day evening...

Now our parents and prospective parents-in-laws get along soo well, that we decided to have Christmas together to accommodate Sylvia's schedule. We ended up meeting at my parents' house in Colleyville and spending time together. We all opened presents together on Christmas Eve after singing some Christmas carols and reading the passage in Luke on Christ's birth.

I got quite a nice haul this year...thanks to my wife and families, who really got me things that they normally don't get me and things they knew I would love! I was really impressed with my brothers and parents gift of a brush guard for my little ATV. It will really come in handy that next time I go over a cliff. We wouldn't want the ATV to get damaged, now would we?

New Years: Sylvia was off for this weekend, and so we got to hang out together and with family. We went house shopping as we may be in the market for a new home...thats a story in itself. But on New Years eve, we ended up visiting with some friends, Sharon & Steve from Austin, who came up to visit their family and go the the Cowboys Game. (Who lost to the DETROIT LIONS...ugh)

Sylvia and I ended up ringing in the New Years with my parents at my old church- India Pentecostal Assembly. It was great to see old friends!

And that...my friends...was the most boring post I've written to date.

It will never happen again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez and I thought MY holidays were boring.....

RC said...

i'm so glad you got a brush guard...when are you and I going to go ATVing again...i'd love to break it in.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com